Section 8 Homeownership Program
The Homeownership Program allows families with Section 8 vouchers to use their vouchers to help pay the mortgage on a home they buy. The SHA will subsidize the mortgage for 15 years after purchase. The Homeownership option is intended for all eligible Section 8 Voucher participants. This includes single persons, elderly and disabled families. HUD regulates accommodations for elderly and disabled families to make sure the program is accessible for all.
The initial eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You must have a Section 8 Voucher.
- You must be a first time homebuyer.
- Be continuously employed full time for 1 year. (Excludes elderly and disabled).
- Not owe any debt to the SHA or any other Housing Authority.
- Must not have been part of a household that previously defaulted on a mortgage.
- Attend a First Time Homebuyer workshop.
- Have at least 1% of the cost of the down payment from your own resources.
For more information on Section 8 Homeownership, contact Juan Williams at 617-625-1152 ext. 310 or email@example.com
If you do not have a Section 8 voucher but would like to get on the waiting list, contact Nancy at 617-625-1152 ext. 353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org